Wednesday, May 30, 2018

New Growth and Lots of Rain

We got a wonderful thunderstorm last night, so we got lots of rain and my garden loved it. Here is a quick update....


This little one refused to grow for several weeks. I planted it back in February, and while the others started blooming last month, this one has just now started to bloom. I'm very happy. :D

It's almost as tall as I am, now. Will probably have to get supports for it.

My sister's cat, Ralph, was enjoying himself a little too much. I snapped the pic and then had to get him out of there before he started tearing up my flowers. I had to add supports because the rain beat the flowers down so badly that when I came out this morning the tallest ones were almost flat.

The Wisteria tree is doing very, very well. I'm so happy with it. :)

My garden was pretty overgrown last week, so I decided to get out there and do something about it. Here's the before....

I had to use the weed eater, but then it broke, so I had to use a push mower that has no motor, just rotating blades. It was surprisingly fun. :D

And here we are, much cleaner!

Still needed to weed the boxes, but still, it was an accomplishment. :D


 

No comments:

Post a Comment